L-Kidz Relaunch Procedures and Guidelines
It is with much anticipation that have resumed our L-Kidz classes along with our Loop and Switch student groups! Listed below you will find safety precautions we will be setting in place due to Covid-19, and current procedures we will have in place due to renovations. Please be aware that the safety of our teachers and children are of upmost importance to us. With that in mind, the following information is subject to change or be updated if deemed necessary.
To protect the safety and health of our children and volunteers, we will use the following measures:
- Volunteers will assist with check-in to make it a touch-free process.
- Only one parent to check a child in or out.
- A snack will be given at check-in but no snack will be served during class time.
- All teachers, volunteers and children will have their temperatures taken at the check-in station with a touch-less thermometer at time of check -in .
- Masks will be worn by volunteers when unable to maintain social distancing. Masks will be available for children at the check-in station if needed.
- Personal drink cups/snacks should not be brought into the Lions, Little Legacy and Launch Pad classes.
- Please refrain from sending individual items like toys and electronic devices to the classrooms.
- Parents are encouraged to take their child to the restroom prior to class time
- Children will use hand sanitizer upon entering their classrooms and throughout class as needed.
- Follow social distancing guidelines based on age appropriateness.
- Provide a low touch environment throughout the classroom experience.
- Only verbal greetings for children. No physical handshakes or high fives.
- Renovations are underway and will be affecting the entrances to some of our classrooms. For safety, classrooms located upstairs will need to be accessed using the opposite staircase located down the hall across from the men’s restroom. This is subject to change as renovations progess.
- At any time, if renovations prohibit safe entrance to classrooms, teachers will be notified and those classes will be moved or postponed for that service.
Kids Ministry at Legacy Church
At Legacy Church our kids (6 weeks through 6th grade) experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in a creative and relevant way.
We would love to see you and your family visit L-Kidz.
Your first visit
Here's what to expect when visiting L-Kidz for the first time:
First, find the computer checkin station in the lobby. There we will meet your family, check your child into our system, and then one of our volunteers will show you where your child's age appropriate room is located.
Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Home address
- Phone number
- Child's name
- Child's birthdate
- Child's school/grade
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
You make this process much easier by registering your kids/students before you arrive! When filling out the form (by clicking the button below), just be sure to put the child/student name where it says "Your Name". You will also need to fill out the form for each child you're registering
How check-in works
Before Service: You can check-in your child at our check in station in the lobby. After finding your child’s name in the database, you and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on to the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
During Service: In the event that we need to contact you during the service, your child’s identification code will appear on the screen. We ask that you exit the auditorium immediately and look for a staff member or volunteer who will direct you to your child’s room.
L-KIDZ MIDWEEK IS CURRENTLY NOT MEETING DUE TO COVID-19. We will update our site here when we are able to resume L-Kidz classes during our Midweek Service.
However, usually we have options for all of our L-Kidz ages during our Midweek Service on Wednesday nights as well! We have our nursery and toddler rooms available, our Preschool ages experiencing BIBLE ADVENTURE, and our Elementary age (up to 4th grade) experiencing SUPERBOOK.
Find more info on those by clicking the cards below.
Check out our older student groups
If you have further questions concerning our L-Kidz experience or visiting Legacy Church with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!